Bladnoch Distillery was founded in 1817 on the banks of the river Bladnoch, by brothers Thomas and John McClelland. The brothers did not obtain a license for the distillery until 1825. The distillery is the most southern distillery in Scotland and is located just a mile outside of a town called Wigtown. The distillery was mothballed by United Distillers in 1993 and started producing again in 2000. This was after now owner, Raymond Armstrong went through many different difficulties to get the distillery back up and running. Bladnoch has four stills, two wash stills and two spirit stills, but they only use two stills for production. The distillery used to produce around 1,300,000 litres a year in the late 1980’s and now only produces 250,000 litres. House Style: Grassy, lemony, soft. A classic lowlander. Perhaps a dessert malt.